We Want to Grow with You
Stern Cohen is YOUR gateway to a rewarding and satisfying career with an innovative and modern firm. Read our employee reviews below to find out what it’s like to work with us. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a world-class team, you’ve come to the right place!
The Stern Cohen Team is…
- Passionate about providing high quality services to our clients. Our talented team has won ClearlyRated’s Best of Accounting award for the last six years for providing world-class client service. Learn more about what it takes to be Canada’s first and only 6-time winner!
- Committed to diversity and inclusion. Check out our vibrant Team Page.
- Supportive and collaborative. Join our mentorship program and read our staff testimonials below.
- Dedicated to professional excellence. One of our Partners is a selected member of a CPA Canada practice advisory group.
- Enthusiastic with a strong team spirit. We like to give back and have fun, too! See us at the Terry Fox Run.
- Caring and committed to nurturing strong professional and personal relationships. We’re working remotely due to the lockdown, but we still enjoy virtual Zoom events. Read our pandemic story on how well we managed the transition to #WFH.
Benefits of Working at Stern Cohen
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefit plan including:
- Medical, dental and vision care insurance, life and accident insurance, vacation and educational assistance.
- Advancement opportunities so that you can specialize or diversify, innovate, and achieve your career goals
- Flex hours
- Dress for Your Day casual dress policy
- During the months of July and whenever there’s a long weekend, we close at 2:00 P.M. on Fridays to allow a head start on our weekends.
- We are also closed with pay every Friday in August, including Labour Day weekend. Have a great summer with us!
- Industry-leading cloud technology platform.
- We stay connected to our colleagues and clients using Zoom video calls, Microsoft Teams, phone calls, and emails.
- We have been working remotely since March 2020 due to the pandemic.
- For some positions, we encourage applicants from across Canada to apply and work remotely.
Read Staff Reviews
Here’s what our team members said in a December 2020 third-party, anonymous survey:
“Everyone is super friendly. The opportunity to learn and grow personally is amazing. The management of my team is very supportive and promotes my personal growth as well.”
“Very good working and learning environment with room for advancement.”
“Stern Cohen encourages staff to develop technically and professionally. Staff and management are friendly and easy to get along.”
“Good clients in a variety of industries. The smaller midsize firm allows for more learning and growth opportunities. Stern Cohen cares about employees and their well-being.”
“Great leadership, friendly colleagues, learning culture.”
“Stern Cohen has really opened up my horizons in terms of how dynamic an accounting firm can be. There is a lot of room for advancement and it is as close to a meritocracy as I have found in all my years of working in various firms of various sizes.”
“Good hours in the summer and very good colleagues to work with.”
“Stern Cohen is a modern, forward-thinking employer offering excellent pay and benefits as well as a positive work experience. I consider myself fortunate to be a member of the team and I feel valued for my contribution.”
If you are interested in a career with Stern Cohen, please submit your resume to [email protected]. Don’t forget to check out our Current Opportunities.