We Want to Grow with You
Stern Cohen is YOUR gateway to a rewarding and satisfying career with an innovative and modern firm. Read our employee reviews below to find out what it’s like to work with us. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a world-class team, you’ve come to the right place!
The Stern Cohen Team is…
- Passionate about providing high quality services to our clients. Our talented team has won ClearlyRated’s Best of Accounting award for the last seven years for providing world-class client service. Learn more about what it takes to be Canada’s first and only 7-time winner!
- Committed to diversity and inclusion. In a 2022, anonymous staff survey, 93% of team members said that “Management shows that diversity is important through its actions.” 91% said “The best people get promoted, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability.”
Check out our vibrant Team Page.
- Supportive and collaborative. Join our mentorship program and read our staff testimonials below.
- Dedicated to professional excellence. One of our Partners is a selected member of a CPA Canada practice advisory group.
- Enthusiastic with a strong team spirit. We like to give back and have fun, too! See us at the Terry Fox Run.
- Caring and committed to nurturing strong professional and personal relationships.
- Read our pandemic story on how well we managed the transition to a virtual model starting March 2020.
Benefits of Working at Stern Cohen
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefit plan including:
- Medical, dental and vision care insurance, life and accident insurance, vacation and educational assistance.
- Advancement opportunities so that you can specialize or diversify, innovate, and achieve your career goals
- Flex hours
- Dress for Your Day casual dress policy
- During the months of July and whenever there’s a long weekend, we close at 2:00 P.M. on Fridays to allow a head start on our weekends.
- We are also closed with pay every Friday in August, including Labour Day weekend. Have a great summer with us!
- Industry-leading cloud technology platform.
- We stay connected to our colleagues and clients using Zoom video calls, Microsoft Teams, phone calls, and emails.
- We have a hybrid workplace! This means there are options to work from home AND/OR the office.
- We encourage applicants from across Canada to apply and work remotely.
Read Staff Reviews
Here’s what our team members said in a January 2022 and December 2020 third-party, anonymous survey:
“Everyone is super friendly. The opportunity to learn and grow personally is amazing. The management of my team is very supportive and promotes my personal growth as well.”
“Very good working and learning environment with room for advancement.”
“Stern Cohen encourages staff to develop technically and professionally. Staff and management are friendly and easy to get along.”
“Good clients in a variety of industries. The smaller midsize firm allows for more learning and growth opportunities. Stern Cohen cares about employees and their well-being.”
“Great leadership, friendly colleagues, learning culture.”
“Stern Cohen offers a progressive work environment where the career development opportunities are quite limitless and is a reflection of a strong culture and thoughtful leadership group. It is great learning environment for all levels of staff but in particular, for experienced and managerial level professionals. It is the best accounting firm environment I have been in as an experienced level employee and offers a lot of support for those looking to reach the pinnacle in their profession.”
“Good hours in the summer and very good colleagues to work with.”
“Stern Cohen is a modern, forward-thinking employer offering excellent pay and benefits as well as a positive work experience. I consider myself fortunate to be a member of the team and I feel valued for my contribution.”
“I feel like this place cares about the success of the individual as well as that of the firm and its clients. That’s a smart approach.”
“Many opportunities to learn accounting. Flexibility in work. Team meetings always have some concepts/agendas to enhance knowledge in accounting.”
“People are nice, working schedule is flexible because manager would do their best to accommodate my other priorities on my agenda.”
If you are interested in a career with Stern Cohen, please send your covering letter and resume to [email protected]. Don’t forget to check out our Current Opportunities.