Permanent Full Time, Hybrid
Stern Cohen LLP is recruiting an experienced Senior Accountant to join our modern and diverse public accounting team. You will be engaged to perform audits, reviews, and compilations, as well as corporate and personal tax returns in a paperless environment.
Stern Cohen is your opportunity for a rewarding career with an innovative and award-winning firm. We encourage you to check out our website and our Careers page for team member reviews and to learn more about what makes us unique!
- Overall responsibility for the performance and execution of the following engagements with minimal direction:
- audit and review assurance engagements including preparation and completion of planning documents and financial statements;
- compilation engagements for owner-managed businesses in various industries;
- recognition of accounting issues and cooperation with manager/partner to create solutions;
- prepare/review personal and corporate tax returns and recognize additional tax filings as required.
- Leadership and supervision of junior engagement staff
- Development of audit/review plans and budgets for the manager or partner’s approval
- Engagement liaison between client, client staff and firm staff
- Maintain and develop knowledge of Canadian accounting standards and updates
- Contribution to firm growth and community
Your Skills and Experience
- Qualified CPA with a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in public accounting in Canada
- Audit, review, compilation and tax experience in public accounting with mid-market / small business / entrepreneurial clients
- The ability to supervise, support and inspire junior staff through regular performance coaching and mentorship
- Dedication to quality, client service excellence and a drive to understand the clients’ business and maintain good client relationships
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to multi-task, manage, and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency and knowledge of accounting software including Caseware/Caseview, Tax Prep, Microsoft Office including Excel
Benefits of a Career at Stern Cohen
- Highly competitive compensation package and benefits
- Modern hybrid work model, flex hours, 6 additional non-statutory Fridays off with pay in the summer, and 2 during the winter holidays, early 2 pm closing on Fridays before EVERY long weekend AND in July.
- 8 personal days in addition to 2 or 3 weeks of vacation
- Professional development training and support, feedback and coaching for optimal learning and growth
- Advancement opportunities for management and partnership due to rapid firm growth
- ‘Dress for Your Day’ policy
- Learn more on our website Careers page
How to Apply
Interested applicants are kindly asked send their resume to [email protected]. Please reference Senior Accountant in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact those whose skills and experience closely match our requirements for the position.
Stern Cohen offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Does one of these sound like a great fit? OR if you think you’re a great candidate, reach out and we’ll keep you posted when new opportunities arise.