Accounting and Tax for High Net Worth Individuals
Whether you have worked your way to the top or received an inheritance, it’s crucial to work with a tax specialist to protect your wealth and windfalls.
Stern Cohen has worked with generations of Torontonians and we’ve earned their trust.
Being proactive and understanding the tax planning strategies available will ensure you maximize your assets and minimize estate taxes for today and tomorrow.
Recognized Trust and Estate Practitioners
Trusts and estates are complex fields. Fortunately, our Tax Partners Joe Gervasi and Adam Morke hold the Trust and Estate Practitioner designation (TEP) establishing them as trust and estate specialists. TEP is recognized worldwide as a way to formally distinguish qualified practitioners from non-specialists who only occasionally deal with trusts and estates.
Did you know that an unprecedented number of Canadian business owners will be in a position to retire between now and 2025?
Of those surveyed, 50% admit they are unprepared for succession in their companies. Change and uncertainty can erode business value. It’s critical to get the right advice well in advance of your business sale.
Stern Cohen has helped many clients successfully transition their businesses and we’d like to share our expertise with you. Our Partners and Tax Specialists will provide you with the guidance you need to accomplish your goals.
Your business is your life’s work – being proactive, getting the best advice available, and having a proven plan in place will ensure you maximize your wealth and achieve optimal results for you and your family.
For those who would like to sell their business or start planning their retirement, our services include:
- Strategic planning and strategies to maximize value in your business
- Tax compliance, tax efficiencies, tax planning
- Asset protection techniques including trusts, estate freezes, and tax rollover elections
- Consulting to ensure the correct steps to buy, sell or transition ownership of a business
- Analysis of risk factors, and ways to mitigate risk factors
- Compensation and shareholder agreements
- Timing, costs and common issues that can arise during transition
- Profit sharing plans & pensions for retiring and new owners
- Business valuation to identify the value of your business
Individuals and Families
- Family estate planning and compliance
- Tax planning
- Integration of personal and corporate holdings
- Accounting for investments
- Retirement and pension planning
- Annual or monthly bookkeeping and write up
- Tax issues for snowbirds and those living in the US or outside of Canada (cross border)
- Estate administration and freezes
- Family trusts
- Advice on selection of wealth manager and diversification of investments