Tax is one of the most complex and challenging aspects of accounting. Fortunately, Stern Cohen has earned a reputation for strong tax knowledge. Our tax specialist team takes a pre-preemptive approach with tax planning services, identifying opportunities to protect your earnings and safeguard your assets. Our clients receive a full service solution for their personal and corporate needs.
When it comes to tax advice, we all look to be in compliance while maximizing tax breaks. For individuals, business owners, and corporations our advice is practical and proven. We assist clients with income and commodity taxes, estate and succession planning, as well as numerous other income tax issues. Our strategies include trusts and structures tailored to our clients’ diverse and complex requirements.
Learn more about our tax planning diagnostic reviews by contacting us.
Tax Services We Offer
We provide advice and services for the following:
- Corporate tax and tax planning for businesses
- Personal tax planning for business owners and high net worth individuals
- Optimizing the Capital Gains Exemption
- Identification of opportunities and issues
- Cross border issues
- Transfer pricing
- Mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, restructuring for tax efficiencies
- Strategic estate and succession planning for the transfer of your business to the next generation
- Terminal personal tax return and the first year of the estate return – T3
- Corporate, complex personal, trusts and estates
- Tax consulting
- Commodity tax
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST)
- International tax
- Tax advice and services for US or international companies carrying on business in Canada
- Tax services for non residents of Canada who are selling Canadian real estate. If you are selling Canadian property, but you are not a Canadian, we can help with your filing requirements which may include: Forms T2062, T2068, Section 116 Certificate
- Advice on the taxation of employee stock options, restricted stock units, deferred stock units, and similar plans – especially with respect to restricted stock, phantom shares and deferred stock units
- Tax advisory consulting services for independent accounting practitioners across Canada