Staff Accountant, Small Business Accounting
Posted September 16, 2022
*Please note: CPA students will not be considered for this role.
Stern Cohen LLP is an award-winning, public accounting firm in Midtown Toronto (at Yonge and St. Clair). Despite our 60 year history, we’re thoroughly modern.
Stern Cohen LLP is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to join the Firm’s Small Business Accounting team and to provide outstanding service to the Firm’s owner-managed clients. The Accounting Technician will report directly to the Senior Manager of the team, and will interact regularly with all Stern Cohen partners, staff, and clients.
- Preparation of Compilation (formerly Notice to Reader) financial statements using Caseware;
- Preparation of tax returns (Personal, Corporate, and Estate);
- Preparation of trust returns;
- Investment accounting;
- Complete review and develop an understanding of the client’s business as it relates to an assignment.
- Canadian experience in a public accounting environment;
- Solid problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in PC applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and tax software;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines.
About Stern Cohen
Stern Cohen is a unique one-stop-shop for businesses and not-for-profit organizations in the areas of tax, accounting, assurance, advisory and bookkeeping. Our talented team has earned Clearly Rated’s “Best of Accounting” award for the last six years for providing world-class client service. Learn more about our welcoming, fun culture (and read staff testimonials) by perusing our website and checking out our LinkedIn. Don’t miss this chance to join a trail-blazing accounting firm committed to:
- professional development and lifelong learning;
- industry and technology innovation;
- helping our clients and team members achieve their goals.
Our Many Benefits
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits and compensation package
- Culture of lifelong learning including professional development and CPD tracking on the industry-leading LumiQ app
- Supportive and collaborative work environment
- Enthusiastic team spirit
- Flex hours to allow for work-life balance
- State of the art cloud technology platform
- Advancement opportunities so that you can specialize or diversify, innovate, and achieve your career goals
- Dress for Your Day casual dress policy
- Generous summer hours – in 2022 we offered 8 additional days off with pay in the summer!
- Hybrid workplace
- At Stern Cohen, the health and wellbeing of our team is a priority! Our “Disconnecting from Work” policy ensures work-life balance.
- Read our Careers page for more information
How to Apply
Interested applicants are asked to include a cover letter along with their resume and email to [email protected]. Please indicate “Staff Accountant, Small Business Accounting” in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact applicants who closely match our requirements for interview.
Stern Cohen LLP offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.