Senior Staff Accountant
Posted May 3, 2022
Stern Cohen LLP is currently recruiting a Senior Staff Accountant to join our strong and diverse public accounting team. You will be engaged to perform audits, reviews and compilations; as well as corporate and personal tax returns in a paperless environment. Our firm is growing, so if you have career aspirations, advancement opportunities to Management and Partner levels exist.
About the Opportunity
- Overall responsibility for the performance and execution of engagements with minimal direction required;
- Leadership and supervision of junior engagement staff;
- Engagement liaison between client, client staff and Firm staff;
- Development of audit/review plans and budgets for the manager or partner’s approval;
- Enthusiastic participation on committees or project teams to accomplish Firm goals.
- Qualified CPA, CA, with a minimum of three years’ experience in public accounting in Canada; a minimum of one year’s experience as a senior accountant, responsible for completing complex engagements;
- Ability to supervise, support and inspire junior staff through regular performance coaching and mentorship;
- Dedication to client service excellence, and a drive to understand the clients’ business and maintain strong client relationships;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to multi-task, manage, and meet tight deadlines;
- Proven ability to maintain a the highest enthusiasm, and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work;
- Able to work hard to meet demands at key times of pressure and take on challenges;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel), CaseWare, CaseView and TaxPrep.
We’re not your typical accounting firm!
Stern Cohen is a thoroughly modern, one-stop-shop for businesses and not-for-profit organizations in the areas of tax, accounting, assurance, advisory and bookkeeping. Learn more about our firm and our welcoming, fun culture by perusing this website and checking out our LinkedIn account. Don’t miss this chance to join a trail-blazing accounting firm committed to:
- professional development and lifelong learning;
- industry and technology innovation;
- helping our clients and team members achieve their goals.
Our MANY Benefits
- Hybrid workplace! Work remotely from your home office and/or our office. Client site visits are required for audits, etc.
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefit plan including:
- Medical, dental and vision care insurance, life and accident insurance, and educational assistance
- Advancement opportunities so that you can specialize or diversify, innovate, and achieve your career goals
- Mentorship program
- Flex hours to allow for work life balance
- Dress for Your Day and business casual dress policy
- During the months of July and whenever there is a long weekend, we close at 2:00 P.M. on Fridays to allow a head start on our weekends
- We are also closed with pay every Friday in August and including Labour Day weekend. Have a great summer!
- Industry leading cloud technology platform
- Read our Careers page for more benefits and information
Interested applicants are kindly asked to include a cover letter along with their resume and email them to [email protected]
Please reference Senior Staff Accountant in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will contact only those whose skills and experience closely match our requirements for the position.
Stern Cohen LLP offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.