Senior Staff Accountant, Assurance
Posted September 1, 2022
Stern Cohen LLP is currently recruiting a Senior Staff Accountant, Assurance to join our strong and diverse public accounting team. You will be engaged to perform audits, reviews and compilations; as well as corporate and personal tax returns in a paperless environment. Our firm is growing, so if you have career aspirations, advancement opportunities to Management and Partner levels exist.
About the Opportunity
- Overall responsibility for the performance and execution of engagements with minimal direction required;
- Leadership and supervision of junior engagement staff;
- Engagement liaison between client, client staff and Firm staff;
- Development of audit/review plans and budgets for the manager or partner’s approval;
- Enthusiastic participation on committees or project teams to accomplish Firm goals.
- Qualified CPA, CA, with a minimum of three years’ experience in public accounting in Canada; a minimum of one year’s experience as a senior accountant, responsible for completing complex engagements;
- Ability to supervise, support and inspire junior staff through regular performance coaching and mentorship;
- Dedication to client service excellence, and a drive to understand the clients’ business and maintain strong client relationships;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to multi-task, manage, and meet tight deadlines;
- Proven ability to maintain a the highest enthusiasm, and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work;
- Able to work hard to meet demands at key times of pressure and take on challenges;
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel), CaseWare, CaseView and TaxPrep.
Our MANY Benefits
- Read our Careers page to see the many, industry-leading benefits!
Interested applicants are kindly asked to include a cover letter along with their resume and email them to [email protected]
Please reference Senior Staff Accountant, Assurance in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will contact only those whose skills and experience closely match our requirements for the position.
Stern Cohen LLP offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.