Each year the Stern Cohen team, often with the assistance of our clients and friends, undertakes special projects to assist people in our community.
We are very proud of our community outreach partnerships and the many programs we have supported throughout the years. They include:
- The Terry Fox Run (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Silent Voice Canada Tax Clinics for the Deaf (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- The Heart and Stroke Foundation’s Cardiac Smash Tournament (2015, 2016)
- Daily Bread Food Bank Drive (2016)
- Salvation Army Toy Drive
- Yonge Street Mission School Supply Drive
- Corporate Day at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- University of Waterloo annual Stern Cohen Accountancy Studies Scholarship:
This scholarship, valued at $500, is presented annually to an outstanding student enrolled in Accounting and Financial Management or Mathematics/Chartered Professional Accountancy or Biotechnology/Chartered Professional Accountancy. The scholarship is based on performance in AFM 101 and an overall average of 80% or better. This fund was established by Stern Cohen in recognition of our 30th Anniversary.
- Home building project in Guatemala
- Habitat for Humanity 2013