Staff Accountant, Small Business Accounting
Posted July 22, 2019
*Please note: CPA students will not be considered for this role.
Stern Cohen LLP is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to join the Firm’s Small Business Accounting group. The Staff Accountant will focus mainly on Notice to Reader engagements. This role will report directly to the Senior Manager of the team, and will interact regularly with all Stern Cohen partners, staff, and clients.
- Preparation of Notice to Reader financial statements using Caseware;
- Preparation of tax returns (Personal, Corporate, and Trust);
- Investment accounting;
- Complete, review and develop an understanding of the client’s business as it relates to each engagement;
- Act as the main contact person for clients.
- 2-3 years of public accounting experience in Canada;
- Solid problem-solving skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in Caseware and various tax software;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to multi-task, manage and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong technical accounting skills;
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is ideal.
Why Work with Stern Cohen?
- Culture of lifelong learning
- Supportive and collaborative work environment
- Enthusiastic team spirit
- Flex hours to allow for work life balance
- Dress for Your Day casual dress policy
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits and compensation package
About Stern Cohen
Stern Cohen is a thoroughly modern, one-stop-shop for businesses and not-for-profit organizations in the areas of tax, accounting, assurance, advisory and bookkeeping. Our talented team has earned the “Best of Accounting” award every year since 2016 for providing world-class client service. Learn more about our rapidly-growing firm and our welcoming, fun culture by perusing this website and checking out our LinkedIn and Twitter feeds. Don’t miss this chance to join a trail-blazing accounting firm committed to:
- professional development and lifelong learning;
- industry and technology innovation;
- helping our clients and team members achieve their goals.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are asked to include a cover letter along with their resume and email to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact applicants who closely match our requirements for interview.
Stern Cohen LLP offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.