Posted March 21, 2019
Stern Cohen LLP is seeking a full-time Bookkeeper to join the Company, providing outstanding client service to the Firm’s owner-managed clients. The Bookkeeper will report directly to the Manager of the team, and will interact regularly with all Stern Cohen partners, staff, and clients.
It is expected that the Bookkeeper will work most of the time at the Stern Cohen office, with occasional travel to the client site to provide face-to-face support on specific issues.
- Full cycle bookkeeping duties for a block of client accounts.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax filings. (HST, WSIB, T4, installments)
- Identify process improvements and system efficiencies.
- Travel to and working at the client’s location when required.
- Coordination and distribution of bookkeeping tasks amongst a team.
- Frequent communication with clients, responding to questions, concerns, and requests.
- Training and oversight of their team’s work; feedback and coaching to foster team development and growth.
- Onboarding new clients, setting up new QuickBooks files.
- Occasional meetings with clients to review statements, any questions and troubleshoot any issues.
- Preparation of year-end packages for accountants, i.e. preparing a trial balance, adjusting entries, reconciling accounts.
- Prepare and process payroll online software.
The successful candidate will possess a solid work background in providing bookkeeping services in multiple client settings.
Education and Technical Experience:
- Solid communication skills- fluency in written and spoken English.
- Bookkeeping experience with QuickBooks Online and Desktop, Sage 50, Caseware and other accounting software.
- Completed University Degree/Diploma in Accounting/Finance; and Bookkeeping;
- 4-5 years of work experience in bookkeeping;
- Must be highly accurate and willing to take responsibility for various accounting issues;
- Strong work ethic, diligent, committed and able to juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment and produce work that demonstrates attention to detail;
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments;
- Detail oriented, self-starter, able to handle conflicting priorities;
- Proven ability to work independently or part of a team;
- Planning and organizing workflow to meet various deadlines for clients and senior management;
- Knowledge of Hubdoc, Receipt Bank and Plooto is an asset;
- Knowledge of Wagepoint or other payroll systems;
Benefits of working at Stern Cohen:
- Culture of lifelong learning
- Supportive and collaborative work environment
- Enthusiastic team spirit
- Flex hours to allow for work life balance
- Dress for Your Day casual dress policy
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits and compensation package
Applicants are encouraged to check out our website as well as our LinkedIn and Twitter pages to learn more about us.
Interested applicants are kindly asked to include a cover letter along with their resume and email them to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact applicants who closely match our requirements for interview.
Stern Cohen LLP offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
- QuickBooks: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 4 years (Preferred)