Permanent Full Time, Hybrid
Stern Cohen LLP is recruiting an experienced Intermediate Accountant to join our modern and diverse public accounting team. You will be engaged to perform audits, reviews, and compilations, as well as corporate and personal tax returns in a paperless environment.
Stern Cohen is your opportunity for a rewarding career with an innovative and award-winning firm. We encourage you to check out our website and the Careers page for team member reviews and to learn more about what makes us unique.
- Planning and execution of fieldwork for audit and review engagements, including:
- Preparation and completion of planning documents and financial statements
- Recognition of accounting issues and cooperation with manager/partner to create solutions
- Preparation of compilation engagements for owner-managed businesses in various industries
- Prepare personal and corporate tax returns, related checklists and additional tax filings
- Correspondence with clients, acquiring a strong understanding of clients’ businesses and proactively responding to and anticipating clients’ needs within approved budget and timelines
- Gain an appropriate level of personal and corporate tax knowledge
- Maintain and develop knowledge of Canadian accounting standards and updates
- Contribution to firm growth and community
Your Skills and Experience
- Canadian CPA designation or pursuing completion
- 2 years progressive experience in a public accounting practice
- Experience working with mid-market / small business / entrepreneurial clients is preferred
- Dedication to client service excellence and a drive to understand the clients’ business and maintain good client relationships
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to multi-task, manage, and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency and knowledge of accounting software including Caseware/Caseview, Tax Prep, Microsoft Office including Excel
Benefits of a Career at Stern Cohen
- Highly competitive compensation package and benefits
- Modern hybrid work model, flex hours, 6 additional non-statutory Fridays off with pay in the summer, and 2 during the winter holidays, early 2 pm closing on Fridays before EVERY long weekend AND in July.
- 8 personal days in addition to 2 or 3 weeks of vacation
- Professional development training and support, feedback and coaching for optimal learning and growth
- Advancement opportunities for management and partnership due to rapid firm growth
- ‘Dress for Your Day’ policy
- Learn more about life at Stern Cohen on our Careers page
Interested applicants are asked to send their resume to [email protected]. Please reference Intermediate Accountant in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact those whose skills and experience closely match our requirements for the position.
Stern Cohen offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Does one of these sound like a great fit? OR if you think you’re a great candidate, reach out and we’ll keep you posted when new opportunities arise.