Audit and Assurance Manager
Posted October 1, 2021
Stern Cohen LLP is an award-winning, public accounting firm in Midtown Toronto (at Yonge and St. Clair). Despite our over 55+ year history, our outlook is thoroughly modern. Find out more by reading “About Stern Cohen” and “Our Many Benefits” below.
We are looking for a full time Audit and Assurance Manager who is interested in guiding and mentoring a team and contributing to firm leadership . This position requires several years’ management experience in public accounting. Stern Cohen is growing, so advancement opportunities exist if your career aspirations include leadership and participation in business development initiatives.
- Reviewing engagement files and tax returns;
- Building strong relationships with clients;
- Acting as the “go to” person for experienced accounting staff;
- Coaching and performance management of the accounting team, and ad hoc training for others in the Firm;
- Interacting with the team and the office’s scheduler for client engagements;
- Becoming an integral part of the management team and assisting with practice management;
- Qualified accounting designation (CPA in combination with CA, CGA, CMA);
- Strong tax knowledge;
- Three to five years’ managerial working experience in a public accounting environment and overseeing accounting client work, including file and tax return reviews is a must;
- Experience as the “doer” performing similar work;
- Personal and corporate tax experience of some complexity;
- Experience working with privately held corporations is a must;
- Work experience with Caseware/Caseview, Tax Prep, and Excel software programs;
- Client service and relationship building excellence (for external and internal clients);
- Detail orientated and analytical/inquiry skills that enable a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses;
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation);
- Negotiation skills.
About Stern Cohen
Stern Cohen is a unique one-stop-shop for businesses and not-for-profit organizations in the areas of tax, accounting, assurance, advisory and bookkeeping. Our talented team has earned Clearly Rated’s “Best of Accounting” award for the last six years for providing world-class client service. Learn more about our welcoming, fun culture (and read staff testimonials) by perusing our website and checking out our LinkedIn. Don’t miss this chance to join a trail-blazing accounting firm committed to:
- professional development and lifelong learning;
- industry and technology innovation;
- helping our clients and team members achieve their goals.
Our Many Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefit plan including:
- Medical, dental and vision care insurance, life and accident insurance, vacation and educational assistance
- Advancement opportunities so that you can specialize or diversify, innovate, and achieve your career goals
- Mentorship program
- Flex hours to allow for work life balance
- Dress for Your Day casual dress policy
- During the months of July and whenever there’s a long weekend, we close at 2:00 P.M. on Fridays to allow a head start on our weekends
- We are also closed with pay every Friday in August and until Labour Day weekend. Have a great summer with us!
- State of the art cloud technology platform – we work efficiently and remotely despite the lockdown
- Read our Careers page for more benefits and information
Interested applicants are kindly asked to include a cover letter along with their resume and email them to [email protected]. Please reference Assurance Manager in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will contact only those whose skills and experience closely match our requirements for the position.
Stern Cohen LLP offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.