Accounting Technician, NTR
Posted December 1, 2020
*Please note: CPA students will not be considered for this role.
Stern Cohen LLP is seeking a full-time Accounting Technician to join the Firm’s Small Business Accounting group and to provide outstanding service to the Firm’s owner-managed clients. The Accounting Technician will report directly to the Senior Manager of the team, and will interact regularly with all Stern Cohen partners, staff, and clients. We are currently fully-operational, but operating remotely (working from home) due to Covid-19.
- Preparation of Notice to Reader financial statements using Caseware;
- Preparation of tax returns (Personal, Corporate, and Estate);
- Preparation of trust returns;
- Investment accounting;
- Complete review and develop an understanding of the client’s business as it relates to an assignment;
- Act as the main contact for clients.
- 3-5 years of Canadian experience in public accounting environment;
- Solid problem-solving skills;
- Have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in PC application (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and tax software;
- Strong attention to details;
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines;
- Possesses exceptional technical skills.
Why Work with Stern Cohen?
- Culture of lifelong learning
- Supportive and collaborative work environment
- Enthusiastic team spirit
- Flex hours to allow for work life balance
- Dress for Your Day casual dress policy
- Fridays off in August & 2 PM close on Fridays in July (and before long weekends)!
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits and compensation package
About Stern Cohen
Stern Cohen is a thoroughly modern, one-stop-shop for businesses and not-for-profit organizations in the areas of tax, accounting, assurance, advisory and bookkeeping. Our talented team has earned the “Best of Accounting” award every year since 2016 for providing world-class client service. Learn more about our rapidly-growing firm and our welcoming, fun culture by perusing this website and checking out our LinkedIn and Twitter feeds. Don’t miss this chance to join a trail-blazing accounting firm committed to:
- professional development and lifelong learning;
- industry and technology innovation;
- helping our clients and team members achieve their goals.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are asked to include a cover letter along with their resume and email to [email protected]. Please indicate “Accounting Technician, NTR” in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact applicants who closely match our requirements for interview.
Stern Cohen LLP offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.